A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you’re visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
The 3 types of the cookies we use are:
- to store visitor preferences regarding cookies. The cookie stores your preferences, so you will not be asked again;
- technical cookie to remember username and password for login into the member area;
- analytics cookies. We analyse the anonymised traffic on this Pledgeviewer.eu site and the behaviour of users to verify whether Pledgeviewer.eu site fulfils its purpose and to improve it.
2.1 Visitor preferences
2.2 Technical cookies
There are some cookies that we must include in order for certain web pages to function. For this reason, they do not require your consent. In particular: technical cookies required by certain IT systems.
3. Analytics cookies
We use these purely for internal research on how we can improve the service we provide for all our users.
The cookies simply assess how you interact with our Pledgeviewer.eu site – as an anonymous user (they data gathered does not identify you personally).
Also, this data is not shared with any third parties or used for any other purpose. The anonymised statistics could be shared with contractors working on communication projects under contractual agreement with the Commission.
However, you are free to refuse these types of cookies – either via the cookie banner you’ll see on the first page you visit or by visiting this dedicated page.
We use the open source analytics platform Matomo which is configured to not collect any information that could identify an individual. Information is collected using analytics cookies. The following cookies are created:
Cookie is for the Web analytics service, based on Matomo open source software. It Identifies the pages viewed by the same user during the same visit (anonymously – no personal information is collected on the user).
This is a First-party persistent cookie and it will be held for a period of 30 minutes.
4. Third party cookies
But if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
5. How can you manage cookies?
You can manage/delete cookies as you wish - for details, see aboutcookies.org.
5.1 Removing cookies from your device
5.2 Blocking cookies
You can set most modern browsers to prevent any cookies being placed on your device, but you may then have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site/page. And some services and functionalities may not work properly at all (e.g. profile logging-in).
The Privacy and cookie settings in your preferred browser may vary, please check the browser settings for more detailed control options
5.3 Managing analytics cookies
You can manage your preferences concerning cookies from our Analytics on the dedicated page.